Working in partnership with s1jobs
Scottish Renewables has partnered with Scotland’s number one recruitment site, s1jobs to assist our members in finding the best candidates.
Members of Scottish Renewables, who aren’t already existing customers of s1jobs, can post up to three FREE job advertisements.*
Members who are existing s1jobs customers will be able to access a 15% discount on any job postings only.
To place an advertisement on the s1jobs website please call Ross on 0141 302 7544 or email email@example.com.
* Terms and Conditions apply.
Any vacancies posted on the s1jobs website will also feature on this page allowing you to reach a wider audience of people seeking employment in the industry.
Members can also advertise posts directly on this page. Please contact Emma Farquhar, Office Manager by calling 0141 353 4980 or emailing Info@scottishrenewables.com
Vacancies listed by Scottish Renewables and our members
Industry Network Collaboration Manager (Scotland) - ESC
Development Project Manager (Renewable Energy - Onshore Wind) - RES
Onshore Development Project Assistant (Graduate) - RWE Renewables UK
Technical Consultant - Grid Connections - TNEI
Technical/Senior Consultant - Connections Team - TNEI
Consultant (Civil Engineering) - TNEI
Graduate or Technical Consultant - Acoustics - TNEI
Senior or Principal Environmental Planner - TNEI
Senior Consultant, Hydrogen Lead - TNEI
Renewable Energy Project Manager - Wind 2
Pathway to Renewables
‘How do I get into working in the renewable energy sector?’ is often a question we are asked from individuals at various stages of their careers.
We have pulled together some useful resources for those looking to begin a career or find work within the sector:
Scotland’s universities and colleges offer a fantastic range of courses and apprenticeships at various levels (Undergraduate / Postgraduate / Master's). These can be completed across various timeframes, from fast-track to full or part-time study.
- A full list of universities in Scotland and the courses on offer is available at www.scotland.org/study/scottish-universities. Use the ‘course search’ function to filter your search.
- ESP Colleges and Universities Map also provides a list of courses and apprenticeships from the energy, engineering and construction sectors, on offer at varying levels across a network of colleges and universities in Scotland.
- Conversion courses are intensive postgraduate programmes which allow individuals to pursue a career that their undergraduate degree or professional career has not prepared them for. The timeframes for these vary depending on whether you choose fast-track, full or part-time study. A list of available engineering conversion courses is available on the Prospects site. Use the filter function to refine your search.
My World of Work is a career information and advice website by Skills Development Scotland which offers a wide range of advice: from the skills you need, current jobs available and guidance on next steps if you are planning a career change.
Prospects is the UK's biggest graduate careers website and works in close partnership with higher and further education professional bodies and government to deliver unique services that benefit the sector as a whole. They offer a range of careers advice, from applying for university to jobs and work experience.
The Offshore Wind Careers website, by the Offshore Wind Industry Council, provides information on the opportunities that are available in the offshore wind sector across the UK. The interactive map highlights just some of the great employment, educational and community benefits of offshore wind.
RenewableUK has included a careers section on its website offering a range of information on available courses, job vacancies and skills required to get into the industry across the UK.
- The Career Mapping tool provides information on industry roles, job duties, and required/desired qualifications, training, experience, and soft skills needed for different roles across the industry.
- The ‘Guide to Your Career in Offshore Wind’ explains the types of careers available in that sector.