UK’s largest renewable energy awards launch today
The Scottish Green Energy Awards – the UK’s largest celebration of renewables – open today (July 27) for nominations.
This year’s event will return to Edinburgh on December 1 to celebrate those who are doing ground-breaking work to decarbonise our energy system.
Nominations are open for 11 categories, with submissions welcome from all renewable energy technologies, from wind, hydro and solar to wave, low-carbon heat and more.
Categories this year include the Best Innovation Award, Best Engagement Award and the Contribution to Skills Award.
Claire Mack, Chief Executive of Scottish Renewables, said:
Scotland’s renewable energy industry is one of the country’s great success stories and this is only set to rise with the increasing volume of project opportunities on the horizon.
“The Scottish Green Energy Awards allow us all to come together and honour the inspirational organisations, people and projects making a real difference to the health, wealth and wellbeing of our country.
“Every year I am inspired by the talent, passion and innovation showcased by those doing ground-breaking work which is driving real change. I am looking forward to industry uniting in-person in December to raise a glass to celebrate the successes of the past 12 months as we continue to work towards our net-zero ambition.
The event, headline-sponsored by EDF Renewables, will take place at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
Nominations are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Best Community Project Award
- Best Engagement Award (sponsored by SmartestEnergy)
- Best Innovation Award (sponsored by Red Rock Power Limited)
- Carbon Reduction Award (sponsored by Statkraft)
- Champion of Renewables Award (sponsored by Fred.Olsen Renewables)
- Contribution to Skills Award (sponsored by SSE Renewables)
- Outstanding Contribution Award (sponsored by Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
- Outstanding Project Award (sponsored by RWE Renewables)
- Outstanding Service Award (sponsored by Green Investment Group)
- Positive Improvement Award (sponsored by Natural Power)
- Sustainable Development Award (sponsored by Hitachi Energy)
In addition, the shortlist for the Young and Inspiring Award, sponsored by WSP, consists of the eight winners of our April 2022 Young Professionals Green Energy Awards.
They include Grid Manager Matthew Dowds for his creative approach to managing the company’s grid portfolio which has seen a growth in grid capacity to more than 1.4GW and savings of tens of millions of pounds; a Project Manager who successfully transitioned from oil and gas after being made redundant during the sector’s downturn, and a Research Engineer who developed a completely new approach to innovation in the wave energy sector by focusing on commercial results.
A Judges Award, sponsored by Ocean Winds, will also go to a nominee the judges feel deserves special commendation and will be announced on the night of the event.
Matthieu Hue, CEO of EDF Renewables, the event’s headline sponsor, said:
“This event is one of the highlights of the year and I am sure the 2022 Scottish Green Energy Awards will be no different.
“EDF Renewables UK continually supports these awards because we believe it is a real opportunity to celebrate our industry’s achievements.
“Every year the quality of entries is really inspiring, and I look forward to seeing more of the same - especially when we need clever solutions to help counter the cost of living crisis and continue the path to net-zero.”
Nominations for The Scottish Green Energy Awards 2022 must be made before the deadline of 5pm on Friday, September 16 at https://www.scottishrenewables.com/events/174-sgea2022/categories.
- The Scottish Green Energy Awards is sponsored by EDF Renewables, ASH design+assessment Limited, Aker Solutions, Danish Wind Power Academy (DWPA), Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Fred. Olsen Renewables, Green Investment Group, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Hitachi Energy, MacArthur Green, Mainstream Renewable Power, Natural Power, Nexans, Northland Power, Ocean Winds, Ørsted, Red Rock Power Limited, RES, RPS, RWE Renewables, SmartestEnergy, Siemens Gamesa, SSE Renewables, Statkraft, Ventus and WSP. The event is also supported by Full Circle 21 and our Official Media Partner reNews.
A list of previous winners can be found here.
Professional pictures from previous events are available here.
The event hashtag is #SGEA22, and we are @ScotRenew