New Directors join Scottish Renewables’ Board
Two new Directors have joined the Board of industry body Scottish Renewables, with a third re-elected for a second term.
The trio will help guide the organisation as it works to grow Scotland’s renewable energy sector and sustain its position at the forefront of the global clean energy industry.
Twelve candidates from among Scottish Renewables’ 260 member companies contested the election, which concluded on Friday (January 29).
The newly-elected Directors, who now join Scottish Renewables’ Board for a three-year term, are:
- Andrew Lyle, MD of Edinburgh renewable energy consultancy Locogen, who is currently Vice Chair of the Board, has been re-elected. Andy brings expertise in small-scale renewables, low-carbon heat and community energy.
- Nicola Percival, Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager at RWE Renewables, is elected for a three-year term. Nicola’s focus on electricity grid policy and regulation is increasingly important as the way the UK’s power networks are paid for and regulated shapes the deployment of the renewable energy technology needed in Scotland to tackle climate change. Nicola had previously been co-opted to the Board.
- Jeremy Sainsbury OBE, Director at consultancy Natural Power, re-joins Scottish Renewables’ Board, on which he previously served for almost 20 years. He brings extensive understanding of the onshore wind sector, planning and grid, as well as knowledge of the economic development process.
Rob Forrest, Chair of Scottish Renewables, said:
“Our member companies have once again had a chance to shape the leadership of the industry and I look forward to working with the new Directors, as well as our existing Board members, as we guide the future of our organisation at this important time in the development of our industry.
“Andy, Nicola and Jeremy bring significant expertise and experience to the Board across a range of sectors and technologies, which will be invaluable as renewable energy will be at the heart of the Scottish economy as we head towards achieving our net-zero targets.”
- Scottish Renewables is the voice of Scotland’s renewable energy industry. We work to grow Scotland’s renewable energy sector and sustain its position at the forefront of the global clean energy industry.
- Scottish Renewables’ Election process is overseen and supported by John Morrison of Shepherd and Wedderburn in his capacity as Company Secretary.
- The full list of Scottish Renewables Board members is: Rob Forrest, GreenPower International (Chair); Mike Hay, RIDG; Richard Hatton, Enercon; Susie Lind, EDF Renewables; Andrew Lyle, Locogen; Adam Morrison, EDP Renewables; Nicola Percival, RWE Renewables; Jeremy Sainsbury, Natural Power; Kate Turner, ScottishPower Renewables. Eoghan Maguire of Vattenfall and Jennifer Ballantyne of Pinsent Masons also served on the Scottish Renewables Board in 2020/21. One third of the Board positions come up for re-election each year.