The Scottish Offshore Wind Energy Council is a new group established in partnership between the Scottish public sector and offshore wind industry, with a Vision and Goals to to support the offshore wind industry in Scotland now the UK offshore wind industry has secured a Sector Deal with the UK Government, working with the DeepWind and Forth & Tay Offshore clusters.
An offshore wind sector which plays to Scotland’s strengths, delivering jobs, investment and export opportunities in line with the UK Sector Deal as a key part of the path to net-zero.
- Deliver at least 8GW of offshore wind in Scottish waters by 2030.
- Develop a plan for offshore wind’s contribution to achieving Scotland’s climate change ambition of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2045.
- Create a competitive, commercially-attractive offshore wind sector in Scotland which can deliver both domestically and in the global offshore wind market, with a focus on project development, deeper water capability and innovative technology solutions.
- Work to increase local content in line with the ambitions set out in the UK Sector Deal, developing a sustainable, world-class supply chain in Scotland.
- The number of offshore wind jobs in Scotland will increase to more than 6,000; an increase of 75% on 2019 figures.
Read SOWEC's launch press release here (issued October 29, 2019).
Project Manager: Colin Maciver, Crown Estate Scotland: email@example.com
Communications: Nick Sharpe, Director of Communications, Scottish Renewables: firstname.lastname@example.org