Scottish Renewables welcomes new directors to its Board
Scottish Renewables, the industry body for renewable energy in Scotland, today (February 9) announced the appointment of three new directors to its board.
The trio will help guide the organisation as it works to grow Scotland’s renewable energy sector and sustain its position at the forefront of the global clean energy industry.
Elected from a selection of candidates from Scottish Renewables’ 350 member companies, each new director will serve a three-year term.
- Adam Morrison, UK Country Manager at Ocean Winds, has been re-elected to the Board. Adam initially served as a co-opted member of Scottish Renewables’ Board in 2018 before re-joining in 2020 and has served as Chair for the last three years. With two decades of experience across the renewable energy industry, Adam initially worked in the wave and tidal sector before moving into onshore wind and then offshore wind.
- Clare Lavelle, Director of Arup Energy in Scotland, has also been re-elected to the Board. Clare’s focus is on the transition of the energy system, developing projects that cut across industries to enable net-zero, with a particular focus on hydrogen and offshore wind.
- Paul Lennon, Offshore Wind, Hydrogen and Storage lead at ESB, has been appointed to the Scottish Renewables Board for the first time. Paul has had various leadership roles in the development and construction of onshore wind in Ireland and Scotland working across ESB’s portfolio.
Claire Mack, Chief Executive of Scottish Renewables, said:
“I would like to congratulate Adam, Clare and Paul on being appointed to the Board of Scottish Renewables. The Board is elected by Scottish Renewables’ 350 member companies who have once again taken the opportunity to shape the leadership of Scotland’s renewable energy industry.
“Adam, Clare and Paul have significant experience across different technologies and policy areas as well as playing key roles in businesses that are delivering jobs and expertise to Scotland's Energy Transition here and now. They will be invaluable to us as renewable energy continues to play a vital role in Scotland’s economy. I've enjoyed a very supportive working relationship with both Adam and Clare during their time on the Board previously and look forward to welcoming Paul to support the long-term sustainable success of Scottish Renewables.
“This is set to be another crucial year for our industry as we race towards delivering Scotland’s net-zero ambition and develop a globally significant pipeline of projects.”
- Scottish Renewables’ Election process is overseen and supported by John Morrison of Shepherd and Wedderburn in his capacity as Company Secretary.
- One third of Board positions come up for re-election each year.
- The full list of Scottish Renewables Board members is: Adam Morrison, Ocean Winds; Finley Becks-Phelps, Fred Olsen Renewables; Clare Lavelle, Arup; Paul Lennon, ESB; Susie Lind, BlueFloat Energy | Renantis Partnership; Jamie Maxton, SSE Renewables; Chris Milne, Orbital Marine Power Ltd; Iain Sinclair, Global Energy Group; Kate Turner, ScottishPower Renewables, John Morrison, Shepherd & Wedderburn (Company Secretary).