About the event With over 5GW of installed capacity, the UK has more offshore wind than any other country in the world. 2017 has been a landmark year for Scotland’s offshore wind sector. Beatrice – one of the largest private infrastructure projects ever developed in Scotland – is under construction, while the world's first floating wind farm, Statoil’s Hywind, is now a reality off the coast of Peterhead. With the publication of the Clean Growth Strategy, in particular the renewed support for offshore wind deployment and innovation as well as the commitment to work with the industry on a Sector Deal, 2018 looks set to be another year of exciting and intense activity.
Key questions the event will answer:
- What do recent changes in Scottish and UK Government policy mean for the sector?
- What innovations are breaking new ground and cutting costs?
- Does the consenting process need to respond to recent challenges?
- How is Scotland’s supply chain growing with the industry?
Who should attend? The programme of speakers will bring together industry leaders, public sector representatives and investors to discuss the latest policy issues affecting the offshore wind sector in Scotland.
Why attend? The Offshore Wind Conference, Exhibition & Dinner is a must-attend for those involved in the offshore wind sector to:
- Discuss, debate and influence the decisions which are taken to benefit the sector
- Hear about the latest UK and Scottish Government policy
- Meet with others in the sector to network and share ideas