Scotland’s renewable energy sector is facing a conundrum.
On one hand, increasingly ambitious climate change targets, a desire from government in both Edinburgh and London to decarbonise more quickly than ever before, and new innovations in technology and business models to suit our fast-changing energy landscape.
On the other, political upheaval, policy uncertainty, disrupted revenue streams, skills shortages and perennial challenges around grid, finance and planning.
Scottish Renewables’ Annual Conference brings together the people who matter in this sector to debate its future. Over two days in Edinburgh we discuss pathways on which business can succeed while delivering on the political and public ambitions which have helped create our industry.
This is no traditional conference: delegate input is as important as the speakers on the stage. We understand that networking is how you do business, and we're committed to helping you to forge the links you need. This event’s interactive programme will help you make the most of your time, fusing informative sessions which address the issues that matter with informal networking opportunities and a focussed exhibition.
Key questions the event will address:
• The clock is ticking towards midnight on climate change: is the UK doing enough to transition to a low-carbon energy system, and is Scotland’s leadership on ambition translating into the right action on the ground?
• Our energy system is changing and renewables are at the heart of that change, but how can we ensure Scotland’s businesses are at the forefront of global market growth?
• Brexit is almost upon us: what will a future outside Europe mean for ambition, investment and jobs in renewables?
• How do we build the energy networks of the future?
• What will the future of investment in clean energy look like?
• Will technology save us all? And are we investing enough in innovation to make sure it does?
Who should attend?
Scottish Renewables’ Annual Conference 2019 is a must-attend for all those involved in Scotland’s renewable energy industry. The event attracts investors and financiers, senior policy makers, technology and project developers, regulators, advisers, supply chain companies and many more from across the UK and beyond.
How do I book?
Click the blue 'BOOK NOW' button at the top right of this page to register your place.