Onshore Wind Conference 2022 About the Event
Onshore wind is already a key part of the UK’s decarbonisation success story. Renewable energy has overtaken fossil fuels as the biggest source of UK power and a quarter of that electricity comes from onshore wind. It has delivered thousands of jobs across the UK, not least in Scotland.
The benefits of onshore wind are clear to us in industry and many in government – the low-cost power it can provide is vital to keep consumer bills down and support the competitiveness of UK industry in the net-zero transition. To meet the challenge of net-zero, we must scale-up the growth of renewables and the industry has set an ambition for 30GW of onshore wind by 2030.
But just as we need to accelerate deployment, uncertainty persists as planning, grid and market reforms move forward at a glacial pace.
The Onshore Wind Conference 2022 will examine all these issues and more.
- How the global onshore wind sector is moving, and its implications for the UK market
- The scope of the UK’s onshore wind ambition, and the opportunities it offers to industry
- How the policy landscape is changing - and the impact this could have on project development
- The shifting expectations of what a renewable energy project should deliver, and how this shapes project design
The UK’s onshore wind industry is a world leader, and there are enormous economic opportunities to be grasped across the board as we seek to ensure a secure supply of affordable clean energy. However, as our industry matures and continues to face significant challenges such as planning, grid connection and nature restoration, there has never been a time more critical for us to come together to remain ahead of the flattening curve of global onshore wind energy production.
The Onshore Wind Conference 2022, jointly hosted by RenewableUK and Scottish Renewables, will bring together leading thinkers and decision-makers for an in-person event to discuss the latest industry insights, examine business opportunities and explore the obstacles and system changes needed. We invite you to join us and help chart the course for a sustainable onshore wind future.
- Learn - About the scale, pace and change needed to deliver the onshore wind required to achieve net-zero
- Network - Connect in-person with 200+ leading onshore wind and industry experts
- Ask - Questions that matter to you and your organisation
- Discover - The latest technological and process innovations in onshore wind
- Access - Exclusive market intelligence reports, policy and guidance updates
- Discounts - RUK and SR members enjoy discounted access to our industry-leading events
Who should attend?
Academia, advisory, community groups, consultancy, developers, finance, grid specialists and stakeholders, industry, legal, local and national government, manufacturers, planners, public bodies, supply chain, trade associations, trade press, professional associations, and anyone else with an interest in the development and growth of the UK’s maturing onshore wind sector.
Read the latest blogs from Event Partner, RES:
The importance of ESG in Asset Management
Our LEDS journey 10 years on – what is the key to our success?
Sponsors & Supporters
Links to sponsors' websites will open in a new browser tab.