Marine Conference 2022 About the Event
Scotland’s marine energy sector is leading the development of wave and tidal devices, supporting high-skilled jobs, innovative academic research and a world-leading test centre.
There is a growing sense in the sector that a pivotal moment has arrived, with renewed interest in marine technologies from both an energy and economic perspective. The potential to turn Scotland from an early innovator into a marine energy powerhouse is tantalisingly close.
But significant barriers stand in the way of progress and further commercialisation - with revenue support mechanisms, project pipeline and grid being the most prominent. It’s time to shift gears and turn the potential into the tangible.
Scottish Renewables’ Marine Conference & Dinner will bring together key industry players to discuss the cutting-edge developments happening here in Scotland and assess the opportunities and challenges the sector will face in the vital years ahead.
- Industry leaders’ views on the current state of the sector - and what we need to do next to meet our ambitions
- What Scotland’s marine energy industry could deliver for our people, communities and our climate
- How we take wave and tidal technologies into the mainstream and maintain Scotland’s position as a global leader
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in the development and growth of Scotland’s wave and tidal sector, including local and national government, academia, professional advisors, developers, supply chain companies and public bodies.
The Marine Conference is a must-attend for those involved in the wave and tidal energy sectors in Scotland:
- Hear about the latest UK and Scottish Government policy
- Discuss, debate and influence what decisions are taken to benefit the sector
- Meet with others in the sector to network and share ideas
Sponsors & Supporters
Links to sponsors' websites will open in a new browser tab.