The success of the Scottish Renewable Energy Festival depends on YOU, so we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get involved.
Support us on twitter or LinkedIn using #SREF20 (we're @ScotRenew, and you can download the logo, sized for twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, here).
Some sample tweets:
- We’re backing the 2020 Scottish Renewable Energy Festival #SREF20 – shining a light on everything that’s great about Scotland’s renewable energy industry https://bit.ly/3hc1tik
- With 90% of Scotland’s electricity demand now met by renewables, the time’s right to shout about our industry’s contribution to #Scotland. Join Scottish Renewables for the Scottish Renewable Energy Festival, Oct 26 - Nov 6 #SREF20 https://bit.ly/3hc1tik
- The 2020 Scottish Renewable Energy Festival is our industry’s chance to shout about its successes. But we’ve much more to do. Join us and Scottish Renewables as we celebrate from Oct 26 – Nov 6 and look forward to the next steps on the road to #netzero https://bit.ly/3hc1tik
Time any announcements your business might be making to take place between October 26 and November 6, and let the power of the Scottish Renewable Energy Festival boost your business.
Members can take advantage of our Daily Briefing email, which goes to 2,500 of our members daily. We can also support you with press release and social media tips. Ask Nick, Scottish Renewables’ Director of Communications and Strategy, how.
Meeting your representatives
Show your local politicians that our industry matters:
Do you work in renewables, or have a business which does? We want to show politicians from both parliaments, in Edinburgh and London, the enormous benefits our industry brings to Scotland.
We would like you to invite your local MP or MSP to your HQ, or even a project (virtually, if that’s what current COVID-19 restrictions allow), and explain to them in person how renewable energy creates jobs and investment while tackling climate change.
You can find out who they are, and how to contact them, online (Scottish Parliament, UK Parliament), and remember Scottish Renewables' Public Affairs Manager Ben Walker is on hand to help you every step of the way, so please do drop him a line and get involved in this key part of the Scottish Renewable Energy Festival.
Other things that are happening through #SREF20:
- Our 2021 Manifesto. We'll be using #SREF20 as a launchpad for our Manifesto for 2021's Scottish Parliament elections.
- SME Summit. We're holding a summit with Energy Minister Paul Wheelhouse (Wednesday October 28, 3.30 - 5pm) to showcase the amazing varierty and scale of the SME sector in our industry. See this email for more information and email Ben Walker to get involved.
- We'll also be running an SME social media campaign to showcase the contribution of these businesses to our industry - contact Laura Russell to get involved.
Want to keep up to date with news and events in the Scottish Renewable Energy Festival? Sign up to our events mailing list by clicking this link.