Scottish Renewables works on behalf of our members to secure a balanced, fit-for-purpose planning, licensing and consents framework for the growth of both land-based and offshore renewables at the national, regional and local level in Scotland. We also develop good practice guidance with statutory agencies on a range of environmental considerations, and work with key stakeholders to ensure environmental, technical and other constraints are appropriately considered and managed to allow responsible, sustainable development to take place where appropriate.
We work to:
- Secure the optimum planning framework for the growth of onshore and offshore renewables through regular engagement with key decision makers
- Represent the industry across a range of government and agency groups on members’ behalf
- Lead thinking and communicate the benefits of renewables to the media, politicians and policy makers
- Engage regularly with members to understand the main issues facing the sector
- Provide updates on industry and policy information to our members, and publish key statistics on our website
- Hold regular conferences and Network events for members to discuss key issues and foster discussion and networking