About this sector
Scottish Renewables works on behalf of our members to grow the onshore wind sector in Scotland. Our members are involved in developing, operating and supplying small, medium and large-scale systems and technologies to provide renewable energy from onshore wind. We also work closely with our members to encourage community renewables and shared ownership of projects with groups across Scotland.
Scottish Renewables produced a Community Benefit Protocol in November 2013.
We work to:
- Secure the optimum framework for the growth of onshore wind through regular engagement with key decision makers
- Represent the industry across a range of government and agency groups on members’ behalf
- Lead thinking and communicate the benefits of onshore wind to the media, politicians and policy makers
- Engage regularly with members to understand the main issues facing the sector
- Provide updates on industry and policy information to our members, and publish key statistics on our website
- Hold regular conferences and Network events for members to discuss key issues and foster discussion and networking
Onshore Wind Network
Members of Scottish Renewables can join our Onshore Wind Network and in addition to all other SR member benefits, being part of the network ensures members receive:
- Our daily briefing with all the latest news and headlines for our industry
- Updates on policy and industry information relevant to the heat sector
- Invitations to contribute to shape SR policy positions and consultation responses
- Invitations to attend relevant SR:AM events, meetings and networking opportunities