About this sector
Scottish Renewables works on behalf of our members to grow the bioenergy sector in Scotland. Our members are involved in developing, operating and supplying systems and technologies to provide heat, power and fuels from organic materials.
Bioenergy has the added benefit of being able to provide continuous power to support other forms of renewable generation, creating a balanced energy mix and increasing security of supply.
We work to:
- Secure the optimum framework for the growth of the bioenergy sector through regular engagement with key decision makers
- Represent the industry across a range of government and agency groups on members’ behalf
- Lead thinking and communicate the benefits of bioenergy to the media, politicians and policy makers
- Engage regularly with members to understand the main issues facing the sector
- Provide updates on industry and policy information to our members, and publish key statistics on our website
- Hold regular conferences and Network events for members to discuss key issues and foster discussion and networking
Members of Scottish Renewables can join our Bioenergy Network and in addition to all other SR member benefits, being part of the network ensures members receive:
- Our daily briefing with all the latest news and headlines for our industry
- Updates on policy and industry information relevant to the heat sector
- Invitations to contribute to shape SR policy positions and consultation responses
- Invitations to attend relevant SR:AM events, meetings and networking opportunities