Onshore Wind Conference 2019
Scotland’s onshore wind sector has been a huge success story: cutting carbon and costs while creating jobs and investment and enjoying strong public support. But despite a sizeable pipeline of projects and continued innovation, the political and policy environment remain uncertain.
Scottish Renewables’ Onshore Wind Conference 2019 brings together the people who matter in this sector to debate its future and discuss pathways for business to succeed while delivering even more social, economic and environmental benefits to Scotland.
This is no traditional conference: delegate input is as important as the speakers on the stage. We understand that networking is how you do business, and we're committed to helping you to forge the links you need. This event’s interactive programme will help you make the most of your time, fusing informative sessions which address the issues that matter with informal networking opportunities and a focused exhibition.
Key issues covered:
• The next phase of Scotland’s onshore wind industry
• The deployment outlook
• Doing the sums: how do future projects stack up?
• The politics of onshore wind: making the case
• People and inclusive growth: making the invisible visible
• Bills, bills, bills: can subsidy-free square with rising costs?
• Less is more: innovation and optimisation
• Planning for success: enabling the next generation of consents
Who should attend?
Industry and supply chain, local and national government, academia, public bodies, professional advisors and consultants, community groups – anyone with an interest in the development and growth of Scotland’s onshore wind sector.