Scottish Renewables feedback to Ofgem regarding the experience of connecting to the distribution network
8 October 2012
On Monday 8 October, Scottish Renewables submitted feedback to Ofgem regarding the process and expereince of connecting to the distribution network. We based this feedback on discussions that had taken place within the Scottish Renewables Distribution Connection Workgroup, with our key points being
- We welcome Ofgem’s efforts to continue open dialogue between stakeholders. and in spite of there being limited evidence of appropriate progress being made since last year, we feel the ‘DG Forum initiative’ has the potential to ensure the necessary improvements butonly if momentum is to be maintained.
- Our members have expressed concern that minimal progress has been delivered on the good intentions expressed by DNO’s following 2011’s DG Fora.
- Information on existing distribution networks in the public domain is of little practical use to prospective connectees.
- Processes for obtaining a grid connection offer or a feasibility study are unsatisfactory, and appear so for both DNO’s and prospective connectees alike.
- Our members have seen limited evidence of DNO’s applying creative thinking to DG connection challenges.
- Increasingly difficult for developers and consultants to engage with technically qualified staff within DNO’s.
You can find a link to the letter below. For further information, please contact either Catherine or Joss below:
Senior Policy Manager: Grid & Markets
0141 353 4000
Senior Policy Manager: Onshore Wind & Hydro
0141 353 4001